Friday, March 13, 2009

the cycle repeats once again

March 9, 2009
10:35PM
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

My wife left the house around 6:30am to catch the 6:55am bus schedule, because once she missed this one, she will get the next bus after an hour, making her late to her office. Here in Kuala Lumpur, 6:30 is still dark, it’s as if 5:30am in the Philippines. After crossing the intersection, she noticed approximately 10 guys driving a motorcycle but didn’t paid attention to it until she heard a woman screaming on the other side of the street. This woman actually is visible to her already, since they are both taking the same bus. After hearing the commotion, she immediately ran towards the bus station and tried to inform the parking guard and some people that something is happening on the dark area. We don’t know what happened to the woman and the guy accompanying her. Thank God, my wife was on the other side and was not noticed by these gangsters.

That’s how my day started, a call from my wife informing about the incident. After knowing that she’s on a safe place already, I went back to sleep and woke up around 10:30am. I just checked my mail and browsed some updates on the net. Had my lunch plus coffee since its raining outside; Watched TV; Went out to gym for sauna; Craved for grilled beef; dinner @ mcdo; and searched for bioman (trying to bring back childhood days) ; the day was so fine.

It’s a holiday actually, so no work for majority of the offices here in KL. So for a job hunter waiting for something, holiday is not a good idea for it just prolongs the agony of waiting for a possible interview or job offer. I’ve attended an interview 2 weeks ago, the exam was OK, the interview was OK, making me to expect an OK result. Next day after the interview, I checked the jobstreet status and it was viewed 3 times by the employer (2 times prior to the interview and 1 after the interview), making me more excited for the result. I am counting each day, waiting for my fone to ring. Today, before going to bed, I tried to login on my jobstreet account just to check for new postings and updates. I browsed through the job application status, and noticed a status written in red-colored-bold font, “unsuccessful”. The one that I am excited to wait just gave their judgment. Yes, I didn’t get the job. I felt sad the moment I read it and I tried to comfort myself by looking for some online job postings and convinced myself that “there is a better plan for me”.

The process of searching, applying, attending an interview, spending money for the taxi, the waiting; will start all over again; the cycle repeats once again.

Lord God, please give me the courage to face each day - to welcome each morning with hope; a day with a smile and an evening free from worries. I know you have a reason of doing this. Please Lord, I humbly pray to please give me a job that will sustain my families’ needs and my financial obligations; In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment