Monday, March 30, 2009

1st quarter so far

March 27, 2009
4:30PM
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


April is already coming and still, I am waiting. A week ago, I had an interview as Senior Analyst Programmer; again, the interview went well, based on how I explained my previous work experiences and things that I can do. The employer mentioned that for this position, it will require me to maintain servers (that I never did in my entire career). So he asked me if I can do it, with confidence I said, “Yes I believe I can do it”. He gave me a scenario and asked me what I will do with that case, after answering, he said “Fair Enough”. Seems I can’t convince him. But still I am hoping that my qualifications will outdo this requirement. I already sent an email to make a follow-up, but I am not receiving any reply. New job posting on jobsdb for this position has been posted so I am assuming that it’s a no for me. BUT there is still a little hope on me, I am thinking that the employer is still shortlisting, and IF they will not find any suitable for that position, they might review again my application and finally consider me. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE (Please Lord give it to me.).

On the other news, my previous company called yesterday and informed me that they will be canceling my work permit at the end of March, so I asked my wife to ask her employer that she is planning to get her husband a dependent pass. The working spouse can apply for a dependent pass provided his/her employer is willing to sponsor. Her employer replied promptly and they are willing to assist and sponsor me with the application of the dependent visa.

Today I went to the Philippine Embassy to get our Marriage Contract Authenticated by the Consul. I also requested for a Certification that the person on the new and old passport refers to the same person (last Feb I requested for a new passport to correct my birthday). Good thing that the person who assisted me is kind enough to handle my requests and inquiries (For all we know, Government Employees are not so accommodating, if you are lucky, they will even shout at you. Try it at DFA). So I finished my purpose smoothly except that I waited for a long queue; I paid 193 RM (Php2500) just for these two documents – expensive! ; I almost slipped on the floor (it’s wet and I did not see it. hehe).

Hopefully I can get a new job soon… In God’s time. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment