Tuesday, January 12, 2010

happy new year!

It’s already the 12th day of January and I haven’t written yet my farewell to the year 2009. To put more drama and to set the mood on what I was thinking to write, I was initially planning to do it on the New Year’s Eve in Laguna but decided to just enjoy the moment with my in-laws.

2009 has been a tough year for me. Well probably many would agree that it was not an easy year. We felt the effect of the Global Economic Crisis that exploded on the last quarter of 2008 – and I am one of its casualties. First half of 2009, I was jobless. Instead of going back to Philippines, I decided to give another try and look for possible employment here in Malaysia or Singapore, good thing AIG gave us a good separation package, that I must say enough to support us for 6 more months.

June 2009, through continuous prayers and Faith, I was able to get an employment in one of the local companies here in Malaysia. To date, I am still connected with the company and currently involved to several projects.

It was also the year that we became closer to Him. Through the Couples for Christ Community we met new friends that helped us to strengthen our Faith and balance our spiritual life. We will continue to be active on this organization for this is our way of thanking and bringing back to Him all the blessings that we are receiving.

Moving on, I am now officially opening this formerly “anonymous” blogsite to my friends. I am now letting go of the pain that the economic crisis has brought to me and welcoming this year with faith and high hopes that are plans will be done according to His will. Let my past year be a reminder that nothing is permanent in this world and despite of these trials there would be always our God who would strengthen and guide us.

Cheers to 2010!

“Thank you Lord for all the blessings that you have showered upon us for the past year; For our Jobs that support our needs; For keeping us safe; For the good health;

As we journey the coming days of 2010, Please continue to guide and bless us.

Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment