Thursday, December 10, 2009

home

Playing on my background is a song by Daughtry called “Home”. Let me share some of the lyrics:
"Well I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.
Well I'm going home."

Actually, it is not advisable to listen to this song when you are an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) or if you are miles away from your friends and family. It will just make you sad and makes you feel you want to quit and go home in an instant! I don’t know, but for me, whenever I hear this song, my thoughts will be immediately filed with memories of being home. I can clearly feel the atmosphere of the activities that I used to do.

On the lighter side, 7 days from now, we will be going back to Philippines again for a 2-week vacation. The past weeks have been a very busy week for us. We attended the Couples for Christ Christmas Party and I was tasked to bring one of the dishes. Guess what, I cooked “Binagoongang Baboy” (Pork with shrimp Paste). I must say that I was able to give justice to this dish for everybody enjoyed it. One time, I will post my recipe that you should try! The night of that same day – dec 5, we attended another Christmas Party in Cyberjaya, it was organized by some of our Filipino friends, technically, they are the officemates of Michelle. Since I gained some good reputation in cooking to them, I was assigned to bring Leche Flan! I prepared it the night before the party and finished at around 3am. Not being over confident with what I prepared, again, it tasted really good!
@Couples for Christ Group, Villa Impiana Condominium

@ Cyberjaya
We also bought some “Pasalubong” (Gifts) for our families and friends. We took advantage of the Mall wide sale here in Malaysia. Usually it happens whenever there are occasions like Ramadan, Christmas and other special occasions. It’s not just a 3-day sale, it’s like, 2 months or all throughout the season and I must say that the prices are really LOW! But of course we never splurged on shopping, remember, it’s recession so need to set aside some ringgits to fund unexpected expenses in the future.

Right now, we are literally counting the days, excited to be back home again.

“Pilipinas, Buhay ay Langit sa Piling Mo”

No comments:

Post a Comment