Wednesday, November 18, 2009

future plans


This week, I am a bit free for my immediate supervisor is on leave. Technically, I have a lot of things to finish, it’s just that, I can do it on my own pace. The past weeks have been a very busy week for me. Change request from our client needs to be attended and everything is urgent for we are nearing the deadline - Nov 15. Thank God I was able to surpass that week and comply with the deadline. So for this week, I think my boss is also giving me time to slow down and relax, though I am not sure, I am just assuming. Right now, I am attending to other requirements and some minor requests.

Being free now, made me think and allowed me to do a lot of things. It allowed me to update this blogsite again. Ofcourse, my mind has been occupied of future plans. My wife and I have been working here in Malaysia for almost 2 years. I can still remember before leaving Philippines, I told to myself that we will just finish the contract and will return to Philippines to continue with our career. But with the recession and my previous job loss, I think we need to extend to atleast recover and further help our families. Infact, we are enjoying our stay in Malaysia. We have our friends be it Filipinos, Indonesians, Indians, Chinese or Malay. We have our Couples for Christ Community that enriches our spiritual lives. We enjoy the food and we are learning the diverse cultures that Malaysia has. The only thing is that, when you want to go back to your hometown like Bulacan or Laguna to relax, to eat a good food and be with your family, it will just make you sad and miss these things, what you can do is divert the attention to avoid any drama. (Just like what I am doing now). There is no way to do that anyway for we are 3.5 hrs plane ride away from the Philippines so better to think of happy thoughts. As of now, we need to focus with our work and live our lives on where we are.

I am also thinking say after we have saved enough money here in Malaysia, are we going back to the Philippines? Continue to stay in Malaysia? Or try our luck in migrating to other countries?

I am always like this, I like bothering myself with future plans especially when I am free. I will even create an excel file for budgets and timelines, word document for list of goals. Well it’s better to plan the future ahead while we still have the time than regretting that you have never tried.

Btw, I passed the Comprehensive Exam for my Masters. I will now be working on my last subject – to develop the system that I have proposed last semester. I have also submitted my Application for Graduation and I am now officially a “Cand”- Candidate for Graduation.

“Thank you Lord for all the blessings and please Lord, help us to accomplish our future plans. We know that everything will happen in your time. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment